Full spectrum dp1 Quattro

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom_V Forum Member • Posts: 68
Full spectrum dp1 Quattro

For some time now I wanted a to try IR photography. So, I decided yesterday to convert an old Sigma dp1 Quattro to full spectrum. It was difficult to come to the sensor, and I wasn’t anymore sure if the thing is going to work when put together again. But the biggest disappointment was that I couldn’t remove the frame with the IR filter, a screw was stuck and wouldn’t move. I tried to rotate and loosen the frame, in the process I broke the IR filter and scratched the sensor slightly.

The screw that wouldn't move

I did my best to get the sensors dust- free, and put everything together again, without the filter.

The camera worked!

Sensor dust after reassembling

Now, here is an example from today, the first is OOC JPG and the second is an edited RAW file in SPP6.7 with the dust spots removed (custom white balance was set on a green bush, before taking the pictures):

OOC

Edited in SPP

If anyone is interested, there are more shots like these in my gallery.

A few questions in the end, for those of you who know more about sensor tech.

1. Could I give the sensor a wet cleaning, like I would with a normal camera, without damaging the surface?

2. I would like to use a super color (590 nm) filter on the lens, any suggestions where i could buy one online in Europe?

Thanks!

Tom

Sigma dp1 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow