Damn DAM !! Any info is appreciated . . .

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hectorsm Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: Damn DAM !! Any info is appreciated . . .

jack scholl wrote:

Exposure X5 is a really fine option, much more similar to LR. Migration was easier as the "diagram" (integrated database and PP) was more familiar (like ON1). It allowed, with some pain, the LR hierarchical keyword structure to be incorporated into the catalog in a more conventional manner (coming from LR) which is not currently available in ON1. But keyword utilization seems to be a secondary feature that doesn't have the polish or refinement of either LR or PSU. And one gets the sense hat at this point, it is not a area that the developers will be aggressive in pursuing in the future.

Jack

Hi Jack,

ON1 has a very robust DAM. It's strong keywording was one feature that attracted me. Also the catalog browsing is very fast compared to LR. The searching is very extensive. You can search by metadata, text, ratings, colors, etc.

I'm not trying to say that ON1 is the best for you. There are certainly a lot of other good options out there. I was just curious to know what you meant when you said it was not available in ON1. Here is a portion of my hierarchical list:

Good luck with your search.

Hector

hectorsm's gear list:hectorsm's gear list
Nikon D600
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow