Damn DAM !! Any info is appreciated . . .

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 17,193
Virtual copies?

jack scholl wrote:

Fortunately, Photo Supreme fit our needs very well and the support has been fantastic! It is a full featured DAM for sure and required many hours of setting up from the 100,000 file migrated Lightroom catalog (probably mostly because of my limited experience with a true DAM). But it is well on the way to being a wonderful replacement and enhancement to LR. Very powerful and flexible with a broad range of features that we are just beginning to explore and appreciate. And it integrates easily with numerous PP software not able to provide desired specific editing capabilities.

Thank you for the update on what you decided. I have been using Lightroom for years through several versions and for more than 3 years I have been using the subscription plan. I have 108k out of camera originals in my Lightroom catalog. I try to keep tabs on alternatives.

With a separate DAM such as Photo Supreme is there a way to have virtual copies with their own edits? I suspect there isn't because I don't see a way for a non-integrated DAM to do it since it is so tied to the non-destructive editor function, but maybe I am wrong. I use virtual copies a lot in Lightroom and it is one of my most valued features. I suspect the other integrated programs that have a DAM, raw processor, and non-destructive editor (darktable, On1, ACDSee) have virtual copies also under whatever name.

I assume collections (or whatever name is used) are in Photo Supreme and other separate DAMs?

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow