Old question, new year - Cheap A7Rii vs A7iii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 16,235
Re: Old question, new year - Cheap A7Rii vs A7iii?

SilvanBromide wrote:

Yarnim wrote:

So many responses but my 2cent as well since everyone heres always been so helpful.

Unless you strictly want to stick with landscapes / studio / still life type of shots, A7iii all the way. I rly don't consider the 1st and 2nd gen A7 series truly useful. It is since the mark 3's when Sony seriously picked it up.

I mean, sensor and IQ wise, not a whole lot of difference

Say what?

There is a world of difference between the 42.4MP and 24.2MP sensors in the cameras under discussion. I can't fathom why you would say otherwise.

You have to view photos in a certain way for those differences to be practically meaningful. I'd wager most camera users don't. Plus what use is more resolution if you can't get the shot? The R2's spec/$ is off the charts right now but what its spec say vs what it's actually good at are very different. The M3 does much better on fulfilling the promises its specs make.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow