I am still learning how to use my Z50 here are my recent attempts.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Toxdox42 Regular Member • Posts: 190
Re: I am still learning how to use my Z50 here are my recent attempts.

Photophanatic wrote:

I see nothing terribly wrong with the photos you posted as far as exposure but you may want to consider purchasing a book on composition particularly as it relates to the types of subject matter you photograph most. Also where there is considerable motion such as the first of the dog photos you need to be more conscious of your shutter speed. If you were wanting to get blurring you succeeded but I believe it would have been better if you had used a shutter speed that stopped the movement of the dogs. Like you, photography has been my primary hobby for a long time, in my case for over 70 years, and frankly I shoot for myself. If I'm happy with what I get that's all that really matters. So there is nothing wrong with asking for help but the best advice I can give you is just go out and enjoy your new camera.

thanks for your input.  I was experimenting with various focal  lengths and image placement.  I wanted to see how well the camera would respond in AF, there were times it was far too slow, so now I understand how to use the other types of AF.  As fr the dogs, the blur makes the photos alive.  Taking a shot at a high speed would only have been a shot of 2 dogs, at least that was my reasoning.

Toxdox42's gear list:Toxdox42's gear list
Nikon D3400 Nikon Z50
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow