Old question, new year - Cheap A7Rii vs A7iii?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nirurin Contributing Member • Posts: 930
Re: I'd buy a used A7R III ( in mint condition )

tqlla wrote:

Nirurin wrote:

joger wrote:

tqlla wrote:

All that being said, how much is a used A7Riii in your area?

Best point here - the A7R III is a no-brainer. It does everything as good as a brand new A7 III and adds some pixels.

I am currently in the waiting phase for the A7R IV and I will not sell the A7R III but many have and will sell their previous camera.

The A7R III is 'good enough' for almost everything I could imagine except ultra fast sports and action.

A7Riii and A7iii are pretty much the same price used. The Riii on average might be about £100 more, but the prices overlap if I'm quick/lucky with a good deal when it comes up.

If you can afford the A7r3 with one good lens that you can live with for a while. I would go with that over the A7r2.

The A7r2 has too many deficits and no advantages compared to the A7r3(aside from cost). The major issue being the lesser AF and the slow buffer clear times. I hit the buffer sometimes, and I only shoot in single shot mode.

Also, if you care about resale, the A7iv is due soon. And when that happens the A7iii prices will drop.

Ahh, and the A7Riv dropped a little while ago, which I guess explains why the A7Riii prices seem fairly low-ish.

Nirurin's gear list:Nirurin's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow