Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,743
Re: Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

john isaacs wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

Kornflejk wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

A new sensor that would give noticeably less noise at higher ISO and of course the kind of photography I do .. Zooms that are 1.2 .. LIke a 12-35 1.2 or a 35-100 1.2 . But I will keep Dreaming.......

Don't expect miracles. 1/2 EV improvement is a maximum we can get I guess. It is also about image processing these days. TruPic 9 is needed.

This time Oly will come out with F4 zooms, which makes more sense, to stress the key feature of the system: compactness without sacrificing IQ.

I have the best F4 zoom so far the OLY 12-100 with camera and lens stabilization but as good as this lens is it still does not cut the mustard in lower light and wedding photography where dark chuches exist and where isolation bokeh is needed....I have the 14-35 2.0 and the 35-100 2.0 which are differently better... but as Panasonic did with it's 10-25 1.7 would it not be absolutely spectacular to stretch these kind of lenses to 1.4 or 1.2 .. But of course her we go again "It would cost Too much" and better yet "it would weigh Too Much" But because Lumix and Olympus make such exquisite pro optics put these kind of lenses on a EMX or Em1MII and M4/3 would start to have equivalence shooting brides as they have for shooting birds....

If you need that sort of low light performance, just shoot FF and be done with it.

Cameras are tools; use what you need. You cannot match a FF camera and f/2.8 zooms with an mFT system.

But you can with 1.2 m4/3rd lenses .The present 1.2 prime lenses if you know how to use them give  the JUST right separation and bokeh..and putting 1.2 in the zooms would also give you that JUST right but in a very flexible ZOOM...

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow