Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,743
Re: 10

Tim Reidy Productions wrote:

... but as Panasonic did with it's 10-25 1.7 would it not be absolutely spectacular to stretch these kind of lenses to 1.4 or 1.2 .. But of course her we go again "It would cost Too much" and better yet "it would weigh Too Much" But because Lumix and Olympus make such exquisite pro optics put these kind of lenses on a EMX or Em1MII and M4/3 would start to have equivalence shooting brides as they have for shooting birds....

I think the problem for wanting wider than 1.7 is need.

panasonic has a good 1.7 lineup beforehand,

I have bought a pair and generally think it is enough to get the low light needs of dark scenes, so I do not see a need for bigger apertures, better ISO performance might be the better way to go for awhile.

and you don't get the big bokeh in the 10-25 range you will do better at telephoto lengths easier.

Not really 1.2 with 10-25 would be amazing in close shots of groups or less with wanted bokeh and the 12-35 and 35-100 1.2 would be equivalent to what the FF Wedding photographers use.. the excellent M4/3rd 1.2 line up already exists but the zooms are so much more versatile..

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow