Multiple exposures 18 in total for long exposure effect

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Velocity of Sound
Velocity of Sound Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Re: Median vs average

This makes sense.  I don't think I'd ever seen it done before.

The technique I've seen a few times has been people using a very strong ND filter and then taking a very long exposure.  If the light is too strong, or perhaps if the crowds are too thick, then you just end up with that "crowd in motion" effect.  But otherwise, it also seems to cancel out crowds.  A really nice example (that I now can't find to link to; I believe it was from Jonas Rask) was taken in one of those Japanese bamboo pathways.  It looked empty, but the photographer said that there were actually a few people strolling by - the long exposure just made them not have much impact on the photo.

It seems taking multiple exposure would probably yield a superior result - it just needs some more processing time.  I'll have to experiment with it; I'd be interested to see how it handles things like motion of leaves in the wind.

Velocity of Sound's gear list:Velocity of Sound's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm GFX 50S Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow