Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
OP Astrotripper Veteran Member • Posts: 7,549
Re: The Last Camera Syndrome

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Astrotripper wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

I'll toss my hat in for next-gen E-M1 sporting the next-gen processor and sensor, whatever that last may be.

I'm curious what would make you upgrade from your E-M1 Mark II?

I don't dwell on it because Oly does things their own way on their own schedule, which is always very different from mine.

The mk1 to mk2 progression on paper seemed modest to me and yet, when I got the newer camera was bowled over by how comprehensive an upgrade it is. With that as a template and in no particular order:

-New TruePic that is faster and has greater data capacity. Who can guess what capabilities it will add? Takes full advantage of V90 SD card speed, with massive buffer. Second slot now UHS-II.

-If there's to be a higher pixel count, hopefully it adds dynamic range and cleaner high ISO performance. To be expected in an upgrade. E-shutter read time fast enough to effectively eliminate rolling shutter. And what the heck, C-AF in high e-shutter range.

-AF progress is expected. Yet more customization, including create your own pattern from the M1X.

-Double the EVF pixel count with smooth, effectively lag-free refresh. LCD or OLED, I don't much care.

-The E-M1X shutter and IBIS. The joystick. The embedded control wheels. AI modes? That may be an M1X exclusive but an obvious possible addition. Bluetooth I guess. Also, "my menu."

Thanks for sharing. That’s actually about what I’m expecting from new model. So I think you will get your wish. Hopefully with something extra on top 😀

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow