Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
aliasfox Senior Member • Posts: 1,350
Re: Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

I don't think most of these would happen, but I think it would definitely be nice if they could:

- Small, weathersealed prime. I can't take either my 17/1.8 or my PL 25/1.4 out when it's raining, something no bigger than either of those would be nice. I know there's a new PL25 that's got sealing, but if Oly could do that with a 17, I'd put my current 17 on Craigslist immediately.

- Think Panasonic could make a PL 12-100 2.8-4? Not that I don't like the Oly 12-100/4, but it's definitely bigger and bulkier than I'd like. Heck, even a 18-100 f/2.8-4 - something like that would pair perfectly with my 8-18.

- Olympus obviously doesn't think it's worth it, but a 4/3" based compact, maybe using the full frame and going from 24-100mm equivalent, and weathersealed. The LX100 is so close, but I want a longer telephoto end, even if it has to go down to f/4. Or maybe Panny can give the LX100 a proper update with the 20mp sensor and a longer lens, that might work too.

- A 4/3" prime compact. I've always thought having three compacts the size (and depth) of a Ricoh GR, at 24mm, 35mm, and 85mm (collapsing lens) would be fantastic. If they could be made f/2, they'd give nothing up to the Fuji X70, Fuji X100, and Ricoh options, and be thinner than any AF m4/3 body+lens. A modern day Olympus Stylus Epic, complete with weathersealing, would make a great evening/pocket camera when one wants more than a smartphone, but doesn't want to carry an OM-D. The Fuji X100 sells like gangbusters, why can't we get something similar, but smaller?

aliasfox's gear list:aliasfox's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow