Will the coming decade be the decade of Canon?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Battersea Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Re: Apple junk photos

J A C S wrote:

Daft Punk wrote:

Nope. Still wrong.

Most DSLR are bought in Best Buy and then used to take pictures of the family. Snaps that no one other than the family care about. Not Art. Just momentos with bad composition and bad lighting.

People now learn that smartphones are not only more convenient but actually take BETTER pictures when the average Joe is using them.

Hence, Best Buy is cutting back on cameras and EBay is rammed with barely used DSLR you can buy for buttons.

Even by being on this website we are showing we are the 1% who give a damn. Everyone else just doesn't care about owning a camera.

imo anyway

A vast majority does not care about stereo and HT gear and the closest they get to that is a sound bar. Should I through my audio and HT gear in the trash now?

Virtually all audio gear I see in homes is really bad stuff. Some of my wealthy friends have nice home theater systems that they know nothing about but paid a high end installer to design and install. Technology really left audio quality behind.

I think phones and computational photography will continue to improve to the  point of making our current cameras less than obsolete.  I dunno maybe we will see some cool compact cameras with high end computational photography that produce stunning results. It's kinda sad thinking of all those nice lenses going to waste in the future.

Battersea's gear list:Battersea's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow