RF 24-105 Is this normal?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP GeoffreyH Regular Member • Posts: 334
Re: RF 24-105 Is this normal?

J A C S wrote:

shawnphoto wrote:

GeoffreyH wrote:

Original jpg. from Lightroom with no adjustments (As Shot, no sharpening, noise reduce etc.)

Whomever made your lens should be fired and sent to work at a McDonalds.

Or maybe whoever took that shot with AF at his feet?

...No. Not at my feet. I use a single AF point combined with back-button focus and I'm pretty sure the focus point was on the building. (I'll have to confirm with my R, I'm at work right now, I have it to display focus point on playback).

Again, I took many shots in Italy with my 6D and "kit" lens 24-70 f/4 that did not display the issues I am seeing with the R and RF 24-105. The images are just a couple of quick samples, most of the hundreds of image I took were similar to what I've posted. Yes, I can see a mis-focus now and again, for whatever reason, but I took a couple of shots of the .jpg attached herein, and it was IS on, f/5.6 @ 1/500, about a hundred feet away.

FWIW, here is a link to the Italy page: https://spark.adobe.com/page/7BPEZl5ZdJBxq/

Most were handheld save for the night shots (obvious) and with EF 24-70 f/4 on 6D (original), a couple were with the EF 16-35 f/4. They are not full-res, as they are meant for monitor viewing, but you can click on an image for a larger rendition.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow