Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
JOrmsby Regular Member • Posts: 313
My Wishlist

Personally, I'm really hoping for a new EM1Mk3 early in the year with the following features..

~22-24mp omni-aspect BSI sensor. For print work I prefer to shoot 3:2 format and am tired of losing the extra ~2mp by cropping down to 3:2.

RAW output for hand-held High Res Shot Mode. What good is all that extra resolution if you lose file flexibility with having to process JPG?

RAW output for HDR and Focus Bracketing. Again, same concept as above. I never shoot JPG and only having that as an option makes these features near worthless to me.

OLED viewfinder. Should have been included on Mk2.

Native Base ISO 100.

5:4 aspect ratio option. For Instagram users, most of whom are shooting in Portrait orientation and this is the max size Instragram allows. I can't believe no manufacturer has caught onto this yet. Should be made available on all cameras via firmware update.

Also it would be handy to have a feature you can choose that shoots, say 3:2 format if you want when held in landscape, but auto switches to, say 5:4 or whatever you set it to, when you move the camera to vertical/portrait orientation.

On/Off button around the shutter button. Like Nikon/Sony does. So much easier and quicker to be up and running with just one hand.

$1599. Too much good competition these days. If they try another $2K intro price I'll laugh myself all the way over to Fuji or Sony.

JOrmsby's gear list:JOrmsby's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow