Deeppara90 "Parabolic reflector" and central focusing pole thoughts and mini review

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Nixon Glenn Contributing Member • Posts: 587
Re: Deeppara90 "Parabolic reflector" and central focusing pole thoughts and mini review

Scrollop wrote:

I had low expectations going into this as pretty much all discussions on this reflector concluded it's "not a true parabola" - I think people were hung up on "parabolic" modifiers having to be perfect parabolas otherwise they're not useful, which, when you think more about parabolas, may not be useful for photography in their pure forms (I've read that the reflective lining in the Broncolor paras are intentionally not super reflective as this doesn't produce as nice an effect vs the slight irregularities in their version - maybe more specularity).

Well, for some (small percentage) photographers it might very useful if :

a. they wanna have option of focused hard light, either it's their lighting style or they need it occasionally. If they wanna get less hard or soft light they can change the setting, add diffuser etc. The key here is "option"

b. they need to save lighting power by positioning the modifier further from the objects, especially for outdoor shooting.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow