Sony A7RII and Techart AF adapter

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
CE3 Contributing Member • Posts: 662
Re: Sony A7RII and Techart AF adapter

SafariBob wrote:

JW PHOTO wrote:

Tomorrow my "new to me" A7RII arrives. The only native lens I have is the Sony FE 50mm f1.8 that is coming with the camera. I do already have the Sigma MC-11 SA adapter so I can use my better Sigma SA AF lenses on the A7RII. I also bought manual adapters off eBay for Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Contax G and Leica R lenses. Of all the lenses that I have I think my Contax G lenses will be as good as anything on the A7RII. If I find that to be true I then want to move to a Techart AF Contax G adapter. My question is about which model Techart adapter will work best or should I just forget the Techart AF adapter and stick with the manual focus Contax G adapter. Anyone out there using a Techart Contax G to Sony adapter? I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row for when the camera gets here. JohnW

I investigated this a long time ago. So pardon any inaccuracies, but here were my conclusions:

- you cant use the m mount adapter because there are no passive adapters from g to m

- the tech art g is pretty good, and I imagine it would work with a7r2, but it may not have been updated recently and may not work with future cameras

- the g lenses are great and work great, but they are comparatively slow.

I would by the g adapter and see how you like it! Always nice to have af lenses once in a while

Sorry, I wasn’t aware of a Techart AF adapter for Contax G. It’s not even listed on Techart’s website anymore.

CE3's gear list:CE3's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6400 Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow