Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
OP Astrotripper Veteran Member • Posts: 7,551
Re: Future of Micro 4/3 - wishes for 2020

jonno35 wrote:

This will upset some, I would like a good all in one ie 12mm -180mm that isn't like a brick and will match my FZ1000 lens performance. I've checked the available ones and they all fall short. 14-140 if it started at 12 mm might do but not the one I tried, it was rubbish at 14mm. -So if Leica got involved they ought to be able to come up with something. Oly almost gets there, so Panny ought to give it a go. I would jump to M4/3rds in a flash if there was a comparable option.

What about Olympus 12-200? It's not small, but fairly lightweight. Light and small enough to still be a comfortable match for E-M5 Mark III (I did play with that combo). And on the image quality side, it's pretty good for such an extreme zoom range. I did actually look at a bunch of RAW files from it and there's not much to complain there. It's basically what you'd expect, with color fringing and corner softness creeping up as you go towards 200mm. But that's also the case with FZ-1000, right?

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow