Yellowstone coyotes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,795
Re: Yellowstone coyotes

Phocal wrote:

Ken Gosden wrote:

Phocal wrote:

What lens were you using? To bad they are such a heavy crop that little detail remains. The second one would be amazing if it wasn't so soft.

Neither are cropped. They are mainly soft due to resizing before posting and how DPReview compresses images. Both were handheld, the first while standing, the second kneeling in the snow. The first was taken with the 40-150 pro+MC20. The second with the 300/4 pro+MS20. I have not yet looked at the full set I took of the second coyote to see if I have a better one. These were off my tablet while I was traveling. Below are 100% crops from the images which should show a little more detail. The second coyote sat and posed for about 10 minutes with that great background.

100% crop

100% crop

That looks a bit better. I have been happy with the MC-14 the few times I have used it. Just not sure about the MC-20. All the samples I have seen from it are just a bit to soft for my liking.

I rented the MC20 for the week.  I actually liked it quite a bit on the 40-150 Pro.  It really gave that lens a much more useful range for wildlife and did not seem to affect AF.  On the 300 the focal length really made that one a bit tougher to handle handheld at long distances. Also, with the MC20 on the 40-150 the 300 is pretty redundant without the MC14 added.  It is making me wonder how the coming 150-400 will change my mind about which lens to carry when.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow