Anyone received their Peak Design Tripod

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
zurubi Regular Member • Posts: 245
Re: Anyone received their Peak Design Tripod

rhtK7 wrote:

zurubi wrote:

OK, I encountered the 1st snafu. The clamps works well with my L-bracket, but it doesn't work at all with a Sunaway foot that I bought for my Fuji 100-400mm lens. although everything says Arca-swiss compatible, there is minute difference in width and that's enough for the clamp on the peak design head to fail opening enough.....

So if I go back to the original foot and one of the other plates I have then it works.

Are you sure the clamp on the tripod head is fully unlocked? The first time I tried my P1000 with an arca swiss bracket, I couldn't get it to fit. Then I discovered that the rotating ring that locks/unlocks the head was not fully unlocked. Unlocked fully, problem resolved, for me at least.

Ron

OK, I took a second look. Peak design has no fault. Turns out that I hadn't paid attention to 1 small screw at the bottom of the foot (they are used to prevent sliding) it  added height to  the foot so the clamp couldn't close.

Removed the screw and everything is fine now.

zurubi's gear list:zurubi's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow