Banding is fixed in Firmware 2.20

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ulrich73 New Member • Posts: 10
Re: Almsot perfectly repeatable under these conditions

This is an example: raw file processed with C1, NR off, +1.5EV exposure, +15 shadows.

If you look at the right side of the image, striping is there in green and brown areas; also clearly visible in the upper part of the image, in the darkest brown areas. If you download the file and open it in photoshop, the striping is more evident.

In the original raw file as viewed in C1 after the aplications of the settings listed above, and in the converted 16bit TIFF file, the effect is more evident; it looks like that the reduction to a 8bit jpeg tends to reduce the problem.

This is the kind of situation in which I can see the "banding" issue; in all other situations that I tested, the sensor is very reliable and robust, I can pull shadows as much as I like without seeing any sign of it, very impressive.

As others already said, it looks like the sensor behaves differently in these situations, something different happens that messes things up. The good thing is that, with little effort in photoshop, it goes away more or less easily; still, I find it a bit frustrating.

(Not sure if exif is present, if not: can you please tell me how to iclude it? thanks)

Maybe more evident in B&W, same settings:

Ulrich73's gear list:Ulrich73's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow