a7 III Water Torture Test

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
CE3 Contributing Member • Posts: 662
Re: a7 III Water Torture Test

araudan wrote:

CE3 wrote:

Paniolo M wrote:

Conclusion: His a7 III did not survive, because he forgot to put its hot shoe cover on.

Even if the hot shoe cover had been on, a dip in the pool could still destroy the camera. These lenses and camera bodies aren’t designed to handle full submersion like a GoPro.

It's all good. Everyone knows the sealing is weakest on the bottom of the A7III cameras. The bottom is clearly not in the water

I’ve (mindfully) shot with my Sony cameras in rain and snow quite a few times. My A6500 was even nearly sucked into some gnarly Montana rapids. Thankfully it just took a rocky tumble to the base of the river and when I wiped the dirt away I couldn’t even find a scratch.

Letting a kid soak that camera and put a lens underwater for a random pool picture is dumb. But hey, it’s their money.

CE3's gear list:CE3's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6400 Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
CE3
CE3
CE3
CE3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow