Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 FX equivalent

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
fishy wishy
fishy wishy Veteran Member • Posts: 9,358
Re: A perfect proof......

SushiEater wrote:

Update:

It just came to me why you are even more wrong.

If I used D850 in DX mode with 50-100mm F1.8 lens instead of D500 which has identical pixel size and density to D500 thus noise characteristic is the same I would obtain the same result but your math of "equivalence" just went in to a toilet . HaHaHa.

This suggests a rare mental deficiency- the Sigma 18-35 image circle does not cover the FX sensor. Saying the D850 only does as well as a D500 (by crippling the capabilities of a D850, disabling more than half of the sensor), is like sending Carl Lewis into the 100 with only one leg.

Every post of yours moves the goalposts, like judging the output of a D5 and D500 as if they are the same, now comparing the output of them as if D850 is only good for 1/2 of its sensor.

You are also becoming hypocritical, because in this thread you wrote:

If you had only crop camera then 18-35mm F1.8 is the only zoom that is equal to 18, 24, 28, 35mm (27, 36, 42,, 52 on Nikon FF) lens

... this shows you do now accept the concept of equivalence, so you are arguing with us here just to do anything but accept you were wrong, which is wasting time.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow