Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 FX equivalent

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
BobdoIe Regular Member • Posts: 203
Re: A perfect proof......

There isn't anything like THE 18-35mm for fx. You're better off either just using it on a pixel bloated d850 or Z7 in crop (same pixel density as a nice DX camera).... or finding an alternative that suits your needs.

I loved my sigma 18-35mm so much, but I got a z6 and it just no longer was the same as the forced crop mode is like 12mp or something. Then I threw some primes on it and I'm happier with the result. I'm using leica m mount rangefinder lens such as voigtlander 21mm f1.8 which is manual focus (great for mirrorless) and the subject depth, colors and overall images I'm getting from that are on a whole different level. Phenomenal. like to imagine it is because voigtlander is competing with $13k leica primes that leica snobs insist on buying. Two rangefinder m mount lenses are smaller than the sigma.

I really really loved my 18-35mm f1.8, but if it doesn't work out, there are other fish in the sea. They wont go 18-35 in one lens, but you'll forget about the sigma until you stumble on a thread like this.

BobdoIe's gear list:BobdoIe's gear list
HP Photosmart 320 Kodak EasyShare CX6200 Pentax EI-100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow