Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 FX equivalent

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Re: Disingenuous paraphrasing?

MediaArchivist wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

The thread is about how the F1.8 crop lens would act on FF camera. "Threw the lens" said it would be F2.8

No, the exact claim was:

18-35mm f1.8 lens on APS-C is like a 27-53mm f2.8 lens on FF.

Re-wording your incorrect paraphrasing would thus read:

The thread is about how the F1.8 crop lens on a crop camera would act like a different lens would on FF camera.

There is nothing illegal about disingenuous paraphrasing, no laws have been broken. It is disingenuous nonetheless and should be pointed out.

If original phrase was:

"18-35mm f1.8 lens on APS-C is like a 27-53mm f2.8 lens on FF for DoF" I would somewhat agree. Somewhat because DOF depends on the distance and framing too and that would be a different argument.

But the original statement is totally wrong and I did not paraphrase it in any shape or form especially dishonestly. I just put it in another form so those people like you would understand because obviously you don't. The bottom line still remains the same18-35mm F1.8 on any camera is 18-35mm F1.8 and there is no way you can prove otherwise. Even if you mount it on a mock up camera without a sensor inside it is still will be 18-35mm F1.8 lens.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow