Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Forum Pro • Posts: 11,347
Re: A perfect proof......

fishy wishy wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

MediaArchivist wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

What is SNR got to with the shutter speed?

With all due respect (to you and especially for others reading your posts), if you don't know the answer to that question (or claim it irrelevant) you should refrain from replies such as:

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong!!!! Stop spreading misinformation.

I think your homework assignment is clear.

With no respect to you because you are simply an amateur and obviously don't comprehend what you are reading here is the proof of what I am talking about.

This one is taken with D5 and Sigma 70-200 set @ about 150mm @ F2.8 3200 ISO at 1/60 shutter speed.

This is taken with D500 and Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 @ f1.8 100mm ISO 3200 1/160 shutter speed.

Both are virtually identical in exposure except some WB is slightly different.

You can verify the settings by intact Exif.

So I really don't care about equivalence because simply it doesn't apply here.

If your eyes are too clapped out to notice the D500 has over a stop more noisy iso 3200 than a D5 then all talk about the quality of lenses is irrelevant anyway. Do we take it you blast away without looking at photos?

If you are obsessed with numbers rather than photos, satisfy yourself on this:

You need to read the whole thread before posting.

This was just an example. The thread is about how the F1.8 crop lens would act on FF camera. "Threw the lens" said it would be F2.8 and the other posted equivalence article Tryin to prove that he is correct but proving the exact opposite. It has nothing to do with noise whatsoever. As the article says that every square millimeter regardless of the sensor size receives the same amount of light thus allowing the same shutter speed. So F1.8 lens is F1.8 lens regardless of the camera it is attached to.

As far as my photo, this is example of the shutter speed being higher than with 50-100mm F1.8 lens than any other F2.8 lens. D5 with F2.8 lens could only shoot at 1/60 but D500 shot at 1/160 and still got a little brighter over all image.  I shut it at 3200 ISO just because it was very dark where my dog was laying. I could have shot it at low ISO and it would be no noise at all. Then there is "acceptance". Whatever is acceptable goes. Just s good as "equivalence" in my book. I have sold many photos from D500 at 800 ISO or a little higher but that is my threshold. So if that kind of noise is acceptable by the agencies it is good enough for me. I did not use any kind of noise removal on the photos I posted either but if I did you would not see the noise either. Thus it would be acceptable.

But as usual people like you, MediaArchivist, Serjojeee, "Threw the lens" are trying to twist the truth by applying the "equivalence" which does not apply here at all.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow