Third party lenses for Canon RF mount?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Klaus dk
OP Klaus dk Veteran Member • Posts: 6,811
Re: Third party lenses for Canon RF mount?

fishy wishy wrote:

Klaus dk wrote:

fishy wishy wrote:

Klaus dk wrote:

How long will it take before the big Japanese third party lens manufaturers (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina) begin releasing lenses for the RF mount?

I've been happy with my Sigma EF-S lenses and would appreciate to see less expensive RF lenses available.

What? Sacrilege!

I’m in this for the results, not the bragging value. Edit: I’m all for bragging about my results, but not about the brand on my gear.

^^^

vvv

Seriously though, in the old days we used to choose systems often on the basis of the lenses available. If you are not buying into the new EOS R for the Canon lenses, why are you buying into it? Wouldn't you do better to buy Sony E mount where there are zillions of Sigmas and so on available? Sony have the most advanced mirrorless right now.

Let me paraphrase an answer from another forum:

Q: What do Canon shooters think of Sony cameras? A: They don’t!

Contradicting yourself with this brand nastiness was not your finest hour.

So you are a brand fanatic... why would you want third party lenses then?

This thread you made is filling with self-contradictions.

I’m really sorry you see it that way. First, I can’t see where the “brand nastiness” comes in. If I don’t like shooting with Sony, why should I? Not to satisfy you, I hope.

Second: I don’t brag about using Canon, it’s just the brand I chose. When I did, Sony was still experimenting with SLTs, and look where that ended. If “sacrilege” is your reaction, you may be the one who’s passionate about using one brand only. Feel free, but don’t expect it of me.

Third: I am not a wealthy man, I must prioritise. I can’t afford to buy the f/2.8 trinity, but I’d like a decent UWA zoom of lesser aperture.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R Canon EF 135mm F2.8 SF Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow