When do you think will smartphones offer a 200mm (35mm equivalent) Lense?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,795
Re: When do you think will smartphones offer a 200mm (35mm equivalent) Lense?

John Fantastic wrote:

Ken Gosden wrote:

John Fantastic wrote:

Apple implemented a similar feature with their "Live Photo" option. Getting this effect while being able to handhold the phone is kind of remarkable.

Wow smartphones can even simulate the effect of a slow shutter speed. If I estimate the shutter speed of this picture using an ILC this would be about 1/4 second. Something you can't do with an ILC in bright sunlight not unless you a have 3 stop neutral density filter and of course a tripod.

Unless you bought the Olympus OMD EM1X since it can simulate an ND filter via software.

Ken, when you say via software, do you mean software built-in the camera or via Photoshop, Lightroom or any other software.
I do a lot of photo processing and computational photography in my computer but it takes a lot of time and not unless its an obra maestra, its not worth the effort spending hours tweaking your photos.

In camera. "'Live ND' multi-shot mode simulates ND filters" Read the Dpreview review

"The Live ND implementation shows the exposure build up during the total exposure and also lets you configure the mode in terms of ND amount, giving up to a 5EV ND effect, in whole-stop increments."

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow