1DX II : 14 fps slows down when using 600EX II RT flash

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
hermit383
hermit383 Contributing Member • Posts: 728
Re: 1DX II : 14 fps slows down when using 600EX II RT flash

I just tested this out now with my 1DXII set up exactly the same way. I have my Shutter Button set to lock metering as it's being held down and I noticed the same thing with the ST -E 3 RT II.

I took the flash and put it in the hotshoe and it works at full 14FPS. Also, I have an ETTL hotshoe coiled cable, and it also allows me to use off camera flash with 14FPS just as if it were in the hotshoe.

I am going to try the Yongnuo version of the transmitter, because i also have that one and i feel like I've gotten better results with it. For sure I have noticed the Yongnuo transmitting a farther distance than the Canon version actually, so maybe it has a better wireless connection between the flash and the radio.

I will get back to you on that..

The reason I actually got the yongnuo when i already had the Canon one was for this exact reason. I wanted the longer transmission distance of the Yongnuo. Go figure the cheapo one works better in this regard

hermit383's gear list:hermit383's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow