How is the Sigma 10-20mm?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Antone
Antone Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
Re: How is the Sigma 10-20mm?

absquatulate wrote:

Antone wrote:

There's been nothing but talk in this thread so I posted an image so that Dan can see for himself how mediocre the 10-20mm lens is on the edges. If you have an image that shows the f/3.5 version is better, then post it.

Well better than posting a single image that proves nothing except you don't know how to get the best out of a lens like this, or that you may have a sub-par version, lets look at a stream of images taken by this exact lens to see how people can take great images from this "sub-par" lens. That way the OP can judge for himself based on a huge selection of images at all focal lengths and apertures and in all kinds of lighting.

https://flickriver.com/search/sigma+10-20mm+F3.5/

Thanks for proving my point. I just downloaded the very first image from that link and it's just a bad along the edges and the corners are even worse. And that was at 20mm where it should perform better. The fourth one down the list was at 10mm and it's terrible in the corners, too. Lots of distortion and CA. Did you even bother to examine them?

-- hide signature --

Tony-S

Antone's gear list:Antone's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD15 Sony a7 Sigma sd Quattro +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dlj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow