Brickmaking beside the church of San Isidro de Iruya

Started Dec 19, 2019 | Photos thread
OP noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,849
Re: Updated version

sabrina81 wrote:

noisebeam wrote:

I attempted to take some of those suggestions using global adjustments. The WP was easy.. I still prefer your gradient sky and more local contrast in the mountains, but will leave that for later when I am patient to learn how.

Yes, move beyond global adjustments and learn how to make local adjustments (with layers and masks). It is well worth the time and effort to learn.

I can and have used layers and basic masks sometimes with hand drawn various sizes of fat blurry brushes to simulate dodging/burning, occasionally contrast or other and also rarely used basic gradients across parts or all of image. It is the detailed masks and those that follow contours I need to take the step to figure out. I can't hand draw them effectively and not sure if or what what extent the editor I use can automatically find edges and of what type to help me get a clean edge where needed.

I did notice in your edit that there is an artifact of a dark line on the mountain top edge against the sky top left and a few other places. Perhaps due to a quick edit and/or too small to affect image. Are these hand drawn? I use a mouse which is also a hindrance.

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow