From d7500 to x-t3

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Buttons252
Buttons252 Senior Member • Posts: 1,369
Re: From d7500 to x-t3

ive seen this behavior back when the X-T1 was new. I compared my Nikon D600 to an X-A1 and with the same settings the fuji image was always under exposed. If you want to judge the performance apples to apples, expose both images the same, with the only difference being the shutter speed and then look at the noise, color, etc.

I like fuji quite a lot, but i really doubt the X-T3 is better then a Nikon D7500, Pentax K70, or sony a6500 in low light performance. I mean to say, i think were just splitting hairs. If you want better low light performance then you need to go full frame. I have clean portraits at 8000 iso with my D750 that look better then my X-H1 at 4000 iso. Both cases was accidents where i thought i had iso set to auto but didnt.

It turns off a lot of people, but adding a bounce flash is the best thing i ever did to my photography.  Instead of shooting at ISO 6400 and getting washed out colors, i bounce flash off the ceiling and shoot at iso 400.    Its also a lot cheaper then going full frame.

Buttons252's gear list:Buttons252's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS XF 90mm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow