With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jonpais
jonpais Senior Member • Posts: 1,772
Re: With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

GrapeJam wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Again I've been on this forum probably for 4 years- I have yet to see one of these 4K masterpieces uploaded to YT.

Plus as you say later YT compresses the hell out of everything. It's hardly the place for cinephiles to upload their work. And yes I get how much 4K is supposed to help in theory. I have a 55" 4K TV in my living room and a 40" 4K monitor. I only see the difference (on YT at least) on my monitor. At normal viewing distances you don't see a huge difference, unless you want to justify your shiny new 4K camera

There's actually a huge difference in 1080p vs 4k video on youtube, much more pronounced than non youtube video, because youtube applies difference compression algorymth on 1080p footage vs 4k:

1080p

4k:

From the same creator. As you can see, the difference is huge and I' don't even need to view it in full screen on a 4k monitor, I'm viewing it in theather mode on a 1440p monitor, the 4k footage looks so much cleaner with far less compression artifact than the 1080p video, it's not even a contest.

I don't wanna watch 1080p footage on youtube anymore unless I have no other choice., the compression artifact makes it just look absolutely terrible.

And it gets worse when you upgrade your monitor.

And YT HDR on my LG OLED blows me away. I recently picked up an Asus ProArt PA32UCX just so I can grade and upload HDR video.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow