Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 15,335
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

dwight3 wrote:

As far as LR keeping track of an image, I think that with a good folder structure, you should be able to put a file onto your hard drive and leave it in place forever. I see no need to move a file under normal computer operation.

I couldn't agree more.

My folder structure is set up like I described in my first post in this thread. The reason is simple, I want to be able to find my images with any image viewer, not just with LIghtroom.

If I'm looking for an image of Aunt Bee at Christmas that might have been taken in any year from 1995 to 2000 I would go to LR and use keywords to bring up the just the Aunt Bee Christmas images so I could look through the grid of images to quickly to find the one image I wanted.

If I knew it was taken in 2000 then I might just use a smaller and faster loading program like FastStone to bring up a grid of the images of Pictures>Family>Christmas001225 (i.e. date in the yymmdd format).

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 5DS R & 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow