Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Started Dec 17, 2019 | Discussions thread
ThrillaMozilla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,437
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

The site is fine.

You're probably experiencing a browser cache/cookie problem. Open up a private browsing tab and see if you can navigate to the site. If you can, then that definitely indicates a cache/cookie issue. You would then want to clear your cache/cookies.

If after using a private tab you still have the problem and if using Safari, try a different browser. If after opening a private tab and you're using any browser other than Safari, and you're still having an issue, it isn't a browser issue.

At this point, start looking at your firewall/security software settings.

So it turns out, this isn't a browser issue after all......

I can't access it at work or home, but both use Comcast as an ISP so I'm not sure if it's being blocked at the ISP

Unlikely.

or something at least in my case. My work and home systems are also set up differently and on completely different networks, so it's not a firewall thing.

I can get to ADorama on my phone (which is Verizon). I've also gone to the extent of resetting my router and even going straight thru to the modem from the computer, with no luck, so I'm not sure what's going on, but I can attest that I've had issues with ADorama's site too (just tried all this last night and this morning).

I'm thinking there might be something more to the problem if more than one person is reporting it at around the same time frame.

Is there some reason you didn't try what I suggested?  I gave you the actual address of the web site.  When you type in adorama.com, that's just a name, but your computer will ask for an address, and then will use that address to contact the web site.  I gave you the address, so you can bypass the address lookup in case that's messed up.

You can try looking it up for yourself.  Run cmd.exe on windows, or open a terminal if on Mac or Linux.  Then type

nslookup adorama.com

Assuming you get an answer, it should match what I gave you.  You can use that directly instead of the URL (adorama.com).

ThrillaMozilla's gear list:ThrillaMozilla's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow