With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 11,699
To be fair

jonpais wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

jonpais wrote:

Eric wrote:

TBF, not a shock to see cameras go on sale around the holidays.

I got my a7III+kit lens for $1700 through Amazon last month. Without the Amazon prime deal, it would've been $2000 for that kit for a kit that was normally $2200 earlier this year.

Without those Sony discounts, I wouldn't have bought the camera. I do think they need to put some sales on their lenses though, I think those a little overpriced.

Lenses by Nikon, Panasonic, Leica, Canon, Nikon et al are all overpriced. Why should Sony be any different?

Some brands are def more overpriced than others. You can't get a decent Sony branded zoom lens for less than $1200 for example.

Not sure what the point of the OP's post is.

I think it's pretty clear. Now that Canon is on sale and the lenses they want cost less then Sony is an overpriced villain

This topic has been written about a dozen times already.

Well and price points change with time

If he thinks Sony is overpriced, just go ahead and buy Canon then. Now's a great time to buy. Huge discounts on the EOS R and Mark IV. Have a happy life.

I am ok with it. It's competition and I don't feel like the subject is out of bounds. I do feel like they less wanted a "discussion" and more wanted to just get confirmation. I think it was a fair discussion when the R was introduced way too high for the market and ai think it is a fair discussion now that they are on fire sale

And to the couple that think the Sony forum is so bad I suggest bringing up the area's where Sony clearly has better performance on the R forum and watch the reactions you get. Some of it is because people usually end up prioritizing different things and some is that some people just need to rally to a flag

-- hide signature --
 golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow