With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
liopleurodon Senior Member • Posts: 1,310
Re: With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

sportyaccordy wrote:

I do agree that some change is necessary. Both the EOS R and Z6/7 have much better ergonomics with no more weight. Touch screen implementation could be better as well. And to a degree I feel like the left side of the body is underutilized. Compared to my A7R2 at least the EOS R's EVF implementation is much better as well. In low light it's much clearer. So there's room for improvement. If Sony can be as good at ergonomics and UX as it is at tech they will be unstoppable.

Sony does have a few UX advantages over its competition. Sony is easily the most customizable of them. You can customize the entire Fn menu, virtually every button, etc. They should be applauded for that. They should be shamed for making the menus not usable with the touchscreen. I know where stuff is in my Sony menu, just takes longer to use the dpad or joystick to get there than simply tapping the screen on a Canon.  I know Sony can do it, my AX-100 has touch menus.

liopleurodon's gear list:liopleurodon's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Google Pixel 3 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow