With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,324
Re: With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

aSevenArr wrote:

jonpais wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

jonpais wrote:

This thread is getting too long. The question is not whether Sony is better than Canon, but whether Sony is getting too expensive. Sony has already made it clear they’re not going to compete at wholesale clearance prices like Canon. Their strategy has paid off. All camera manufacturers charge too much according to the balance in my checking account! hehe

Any mention of Canon is an attack that must be defended against.

LOL

I’d like nothing better than to see Canon become more competitive with Sony’s mirrorless offerings since we’d ultimately all benefit from that.

But this price slashing strategy isn’t it.

I know I put pricing in the title, but my post was also about ways that Sony has been improved on, that Sony should respond to.

• We are on the 4th gen A7R, and still no fully articulating screen, even though Sony IMO has the best articulating design on the 2011 A77. And why is the screen bezel so big.
  • Canon RF adapters is better and cheaper(Free with purchase) than the Sony LA-EA3/4 adapter
  • Touchscreen should be improved, SONY makes phones!
  • Camera Connectivity to Phones should be better, Sony makes phones!  Is there a way to automatically send JPGs to a phone/tablet that?
  • I also think that Sony could bump the grip up, like the Z7. And since we are on the 4th gen, maybe a style update.
 tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7R II Sony a99 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow