Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 19,802
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

mfinley wrote:

MisterBG wrote:

When I was using Lightroom the rule of thumb always used to be that you did all your file moving and deleting from within Lightroom.
If you moved files ouside of LR (like with your file manager) LR got confused and didn't know where your files were.
I'm really glad I'm now using an editor that doesn't rely (and insist) on having all your files in it's "Catalog" and I'm free to move and/or delete files any way I want to.

This has been one of the major things I don't like about LR. I do wish it was somehow able to 'follow' your originals around if you move them. I hope LR changes this in an update someday.

Change what. If you don't move a file using LR then just click on the ? and tell LR where you moved the files. The problem arises when people forget to do this and  years later have a catalogue upgrade. It is just easier to move them using LR. I really don't see the difference. You are still moving files.

I like it because nice to be organized. I can still edit those files using other software. If I open another develop the file structure is exactly the same. The best part LR is I can go back a month later and all my edits are there.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow