a6600 firmware glitch?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lovehifi Contributing Member • Posts: 677
a6600 firmware glitch?

Might be a firmware glitch on at least my a6600. So please check yours and let me know if its just mine. Problem - "Select Focus Point On/OFF" option on the rear display never turns off after focus point has been selected using the center button. While the center button does select the focus point as it should the "Select Focus Point On/OFF" option never turns off on the rear display once selected. However if I reprogram "Focus Standard," which it's called to another button and push that button it chooses the focus point as it should and the "Select Focus Point On/OFF" option on the rear display turns off, unless I push the button again. I think that's the way its supposed to function using the center button and if I remember right that is the way it functioned on my previous a6500. In this case I programmed it to the AF/MF button and "tracking on" to the center button. Strange. Again please let me know if your a6600 is doing the same using the center button.

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow