How is the Sigma 10-20mm?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,832
Re: How is the Sigma 10-20mm?

For a super-portable, two-lens kit, I'd say it's a good choice Dan - especially if you plan to use ND filters or some other filters, like polarizers, because while the 8-16 goes wider (I have the 8-16, which I use on my SD Quattro H, but only from 9mm to 16mm), it's a beast, and it just can't take any normal filters. Instead you have to get a big, heavy, expensive rig to mount the huge, expensive filters over the 8-16. I think the 10-20mm would be a good addition to a kit that includes a 24-70 or 24-105 too, since it covers 20mm and wider (at least to a pretty wide-angle view). In fact, I've been contemplating getting one, since I can't shoot at 8mm with my SD Quattro H anyway. I don't know if the 10-20mm covers the H sensor at 10mm though, like the 8-16 does. Still, even if it's only good for me from 12-20mm, that's not bad, considering the lens is much more compact than the 12-24mm lenses and takes smalll, light, affordable filters.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dlj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow