First Half Hour With My Just In RX10 IV (BIFs)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AlwynS Senior Member • Posts: 2,811
Re: First Half Hour With My Just In RX10 IV (BIFs)

MikeV99 wrote:

AlwynS wrote:

Congratulations on your new camera: I trust it will give you years of enjoyment and good service. I certainly love mine.

[snip]

[snip]

Beautiful.

Thanks

I an thinking about the rx104. How much post processing can you do with this image.

Unfortunately that is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" type question. This has already had some minor PP done to it (lighting, contrast and possibly a bit of sharpening: not sure about that though). Could you do something different or more? All depends unfortunately.

Could you crop it down to just the eagle and then print a 8.5x11 photo with the same sharpness?

The two stings in this question are the "crop it down" and "same sharpness" pieces.

As regards cropping: depends how much. I have printed older photographs that are not as good as this one at 2700 x 1800 at 21" x 14" and it looks fine. FWIW this is what the above image would look like cropped to the same size:

As for sharpness: I think this is a very personal thing. I view the original image at 3840 x 2160 on a 3840 x 2160 4K monitor which is approximately 28" x 15.5". The image looks great to me. Depending on the printer and the paper one would therefore ASSUME you should be able to get a sharper 21" x 14" printed image than what I am seeing on my monitor. Which is plenty good enough for me! Personally I would expect to be able to print it even bigger and still be happy. But as I said: this is personal taste thing: you might feel differently about it.

Hope this helps?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow