Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 19,794
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

malcolmbebb wrote:

Thanks - I'm beginning to wonder if the Trial mode has got some stuff hidden. The version I have is 3.1

Found the Reject and Pick options, OK with stars and colours and recognise that I need to choose a scheme for allocating them (but not yet).
So at present I can't see the file name anywhere unless I select the Info tab, which slows things down. And I can't find some of the views mentioned, haven't found Develop mode but I can access all the light and colour tools that I'd expect.
The Preferences seem pretty skinny, too - I'd expect a lot more.

It seems that LR created a private directory with a complete copy of the imported photos, I could delete the source directory without losing files (?) and this is where the Delete option appears to work. Delete is from a bin icon in the Library. I can't find some of the menu items mentioned in the replies. Unless they've reworked the user interface.

I think you installed Lightroom. That is the mobile that moves your files to the cloud. It does not have all the features. Is that the one you want to use?

Lightroom Classic is the full blown desktop application. You have to store flies locally with an option to sync to the cloud, if you choose to do so. If you do it only sends smart previews that do not use any cloud storage space.

Sorry I should have asked. I assumed you were trying out LR Classic. I don't know much about about cloud storage but you can get easily them down again. Someone else will come in to help out there. I don't something to go wrong.

After you are done delete the Lightroom App and install Lightroom Classic.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow