Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP malcolmbebb Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Thanks - I'm beginning to wonder if the Trial mode has got some stuff hidden. The version I have is 3.1

Found the Reject and Pick options, OK with stars and colours and recognise that I need to choose a scheme for allocating them (but not yet).
So at present I can't see the file name anywhere unless I select the Info tab, which slows things down. And I can't find some of the views mentioned, haven't found Develop mode but I can access all the light and colour tools that I'd expect. 
The Preferences seem pretty skinny, too - I'd expect a lot more.

It seems that LR created a private directory with a complete copy of the imported photos, I could delete the source directory without losing files (?) and this is where the Delete option appears to work. Delete is from a bin icon in the Library. I can't find some of the menu items mentioned in the replies. Unless they've reworked the user interface.

-- hide signature --

Based on the soggy south coast of England.

malcolmbebb's gear list:malcolmbebb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Nikon D3100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow