With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
burning1rr Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: With Canon's low sale prices, is Sony becoming too expensive?

rythie wrote:

Canon was in a better place to make an adapter than either Sony or Nikon, due to Canon having all it's auto-focus lenses using in-lens motors, where as Sony and Nikon have many lenses driven in body.

Sony's LA-EA3 now (on the a7iii) works pretty well for the lenses that support it, though that's not many of them.

Also, I suspect that given Sony's much smaller SLR installed base, they were mostly going after users who had never used Sony SLRs, where as I feel Canon if primarily going after Canon SLR users. Therefore it made less sense for Sony to make a better adapter and I doubt they will now.

Surprisingly, Sony seems to have done better than Nikon WRT to adapters.

Starting with the A7M3 V2 firmware, the LA-EA3 is a pretty good option. There's a reasonable selection of SSM lenses, especially if you look at 3rd party options.

Did some testing, and autofocus worked great.

MC-11 is pretty good on the A9 as well. I only have the Canon 8-15 fisheye, but it tracks well with Eye-AF, and I get autofocus tracking with the continuous shutter..

burning1rr's gear list:burning1rr's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Nikon D200 Sony a9 Sony a7 III Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow