How do you shoot with your Fuji?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP Eugleo Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: How do you shoot with your Fuji?

Dakitess wrote:

If I remember correctly, this has been debunked, I do not remember where, maybe my Tony & Chelsea Northrup : you should ALWAYS shoot at lower ISO possible. This is more about Dual Gain being not as effective as charts use to show, as well as ISO-Invariant being not that invariant either.

Ok, so you’re saying that ISO 400 is better than ISO 800, provided I don’t lose any shadows with it? I guess I’ll have to try it out myself, as this is in direct contradiction with what the others have said.

Yes, this is now less a trouble to up your shadows. But you'll end up with slightly more noise that if you correctly set your ISO primary in Camera. Indeed, you might want to shoot at lower ISO to avoid burnt blank areas and be able to push dark areas, but don't do a -5 EV just because you can edit after. You won't be able to review your pics, you won't be able to extract proper JPEG, you will loose some informations.

So, what would you recommend, then? Auto ISO all the way (with some occasional EV adjustments to not blow any highlights) with maximum at 125600?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow