Cheater...

Started Dec 8, 2019 | Discussions thread
David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 3,574
Re: Cheater...

Dak on cam wrote:

I find myself sometimes giving "votes of 0.5 to good challenge entries" for various reasons. I often find some of those I gave low votes to ending up higher than expected and vice versa. That's sort of the point of voting: it's supposed to average out personal leanings. If people are not allowed to vote according to their personal whims, it sort of defeats having an open vote rather than an expert jury.

I am fine with people giving one personal vote of 0.5 to good challenge entries. But it has to be one vote per person. That does not protect against mobbing, but if the typical mob size is 1, it may be a comparatively small problem. And at least political pictures (which are most likely to draw spontaneous mobs) are not welcome.

I can't think of a valid reason to give a good image 0.5 stars unless the aim is to attempt to manipulate the voting.

In any case you have left yourself wide open to people also giving you 0.5 if you happen to submit a "good" photo

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow