Nikkon E 100 2.8

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 3,748
Re: One of the best 100/2.8 low cost lens

kcdogger wrote:

The excellent picture by several posters in this thread are why I really wanted this little lens. That's why I bought two. Unfortunately, the first came with a problem and the second rolled off a table and ended up with the same problem, I think the helicord jumped a thread or two internally. Neither of them would focus. I don't think it is a sriff helicord as the second one was quite easy to focus until it had its accident. I think both have a cross threaded helicord. I'm not a lens mechanic so Travis got them both for free. I hope he can get some good out of them. It appears they might yield quite good pictures.

Because of the build issues (?) I have had the opportunity to buy a couple more, but I chose to pass. For those of you that have good ones - Great! More power to you, but remember not to drop them.

Peace.

John

Oh, that sad to hear. I read they are not very durable and part of the helicoid (internal) is plastic. I wish this same optic would be all metal even if more expensive. It’s a lovely rendering, humble by charming. As some article I read, the lens has a very high “shotability”.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow