Really not bad

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsf3127 Regular Member • Posts: 366
Really not bad

I 've just bought this lens to use with my EM10II on one trip to Hawaii.

I plan to shoot whales and dolphins and the birds that I can get by chance.

I had not seem this lens in person previously and it striked me how compact and light it is. It balances very well with my camera and the olympus add-on grip.

The EM10II is not a speed demon regarding AF. Indeed it is the slowest camera that I have used in this regard.

It also hunts a bit back and forth with this lens if you set it to AF-C. AF-S is quick and precise.

I do not advise the use of a cluster of 9 focus points. They are messy and the focus plane gets all over the place. I use the central AF point and get good results with birds perched. Birds in flight is another matter and I would not advise the use of EM10II for this.

The lens is very sharp in all FLs, even wide open. There is no veiling haze that I perceive.

OOF is nicely rendered.

Mine has a very stiff focus ring. Okish for a 300 USD lens. Hope it gives a bit with usage.

All in all, very satisfied.

My first try:

rsf3127's gear list:rsf3127's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Olympus Air Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +13 more
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Telephoto zoom lens • Micro Four Thirds • V315040BU000
Announced: Jan 30, 2013
rsf3127's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow