just for fun

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,310
Re: just for fun

To be fair, I'd bet that the larger format Fuji has more detailed files than the high res mode on your Oly can do, even if they're the same mpx. I do think that it's true though that there are rapidly diminishing return in sharpness/detail as you go up in sensor size, at least beyond a certain point.

I feel like my m43 gear can really function like a film medium format camera and that's good enough for me. I don't even believe that everything that I do really even benefits from such great detail but with the images where I am really going for a super-detailed look, I feel like I can get it with my little format camera. I'm all for folks doing whatever pleases them with their photography, but for me the creative/conceptual aspect of it is far more rewarding to obsess over rather than the minutiae of image quality, which for digital photography has been really amazing already for some years at this point...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow