Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
MisterBG Veteran Member • Posts: 6,927
Re: Lightroom newbie question - culling for real

malcolmbebb wrote:

Hi,

Just downloaded the LR trial and using it for first time on a set of photos to see how the workflow works for me. Please be gentle, I don't have much time to just play around with it or rtfm at this point...

I did all the processing that I wanted, that went well, but I would like LR to delete (bin) the photos that I don't want (loads of duplicates in burst mode plus the usual duff shots) as well as just deleting them from its internal database. Is there an easy way to do that?

Secondly, the directory I imported was raw+jpeg. The filmstrip view doesn't (didn't) identify which was which. Ok, I can work it out or use the Info tab, but is there a way of showing the filename with the thumbnails?

Thanks
Malcolm

It's been a while since I used Lightroom, but I seem to recall that somewhere in the "Preferences" there is a tick box labeled "treat JPEG files next to RAW files as separate photos."

As for the first part, I thought you selected the unwanted images and simply pressed "Delete" or maybe right click the selected images and select "Delete" from a drop down menu?
Sorry but it's been over 18 months since I used LR, and I've forgotten most of it, but I don't recall any problems deleting unwanted shots.

MisterBG's gear list:MisterBG's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a6000 Olympus PEN-F Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow